[ewg] RE: [ofa-general] OFED Jan 14 meeting summary on RC2 readiness

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Jan 15 12:40:41 PST 2008

Sean Hefty wrote:
> If XRC hasn't been added, then this isn't an 'RC', it's simply an alpha release,
> with another alpha release to follow.  IMO, XRC should simply be pushed out to
> the next release.  I don't see the reason to delay the release for a
> non-standard feature that likely has only 1-2 users.

We actually decided not to delay the release even if XRC is not ready
RC4 was planned in advanced so it does not change our plans
XRC will be in alpha stage in RC3 will be tested with OpenMPI 1.3.
> Maybe the EWG needs to ask themselves if OFED trying to distribute production
> ready, enterprise tested software, or software that simply provides the latest
> and greatest features.

When we started OFED we decided to enable new features that can be in
lower stability level, in case they do not harm the overall stability of
the OFED release.
I think XRC fulfill this criteria.

Tziporet