[ewg] RE: [ofa-general] OFED Jan 14 meeting summary on RC2readiness

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Jan 16 21:35:39 PST 2008

 > Roland, you said that XRC API is ugly, are you going to push it upstream
 > in its present form?

That's a good question.  Since there is no 'present form' for XRC as
far as I can tell, it's hard to make a definitive answer.  Certainly I
haven't made up my mind in advance one way or another.  In addition to
seeing how the code ends up, I think the other big piece of the puzzle
is to hear from the Open MPI team and other consumers of the API and
find out how big the benefit is.

 - R.