[ewg] RDS - Recovering from RDMA errors

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sat Jan 19 23:52:52 PST 2008

Olaf Kirch wrote:
> On Thursday 17 January 2008 16:51, Dotan Barak wrote:
>
>> Moving the QP to error state flushes all of the outstanding WRs and
>> create a completion for each WR.
>> If you want to delete all of the outstanding WRs, you should move the QP
>> state to reset.
>>
>> (Is this is what you asked?)
>>

> My question was more along the lines - can I expect that all pending
> WRs have been flushed when ib_modify_qp returns? At least for error
> state this does not seem to be the case - I'm still getting completions
> on the receive QP from the mellanox card after I do this.

I couldn't find in the IB spec any mention on this (that moving a QP to
error means that all of the outstanding
completions are already flushed and can be found in the CQ when the
modify_qp command returns).

I think that this is not guaranteed and you can't count on it on any IB
HCA (even in none Mellanox HCAs).

Dotan