[ewg] practical question about the hosting server

Glenn Streiff gstreiff at NetEffect.com
Sat Jan 26 02:50:25 PST 2008

Hi, folks.

So is resource contention an issue on the hosting server?

I'm new to the effort so just wanted to understand the practical
limits to working concurrently on that system.  I jumped on there
Friday and someone kicked off what looked like a normal build job
and things got pretty sluggish for me.

So I came in "early" (4:00am CT) hoping to get some cycles and did
for a time then it looked like Vlad's build cron jobs kicked in and I'm
in the ditch again.  Unable to do a 'git log' on my local repository.

Any practical advice is appreciated.  Curious if my experience is
typical or not.

Thanks,

Glenn