[ewg] List of libraries in OFED

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Tue Jul 8 20:56:16 PDT 2008

Hi Tziporet,

On 18:01 Sun 06 Jul     , Tziporet Koren wrote:

> This is the list of libraries in OFED
> We wish to define which are the libraries that are public and their API
> is being preserved from release to release.

I agree with this concept and suggest to keep only "public" and "others"
lists. Actually to have only "public" list (libraries with stable API)
should be enough.

> There are libraries I already classified, and there are some I am not
> sure about
> Each owner - please reply regarding the libraries that are under unknown
> Also - if I missed any library please add it to the list
>
> Thanks,
> Tziporet
>
> Public:
> =======
> * libibcommon

I wanted to remove (merge with libibumad and libibmad) libibcommon yet
in OFED 1.3 (we discussed this on the list). Not sure I will be able to
do it now (in OFED 1.4 timeframe), but at least let's move it from
"public" list.

> * libdat2
> * libdat
> * libibcm
> * libibverbs
> * libibmad
> * libibumad
> * libsdp
> * librdmacm
>
> Private:
> ========
> * libcxgb3
> * libehca
> * libipathverbs
> * libmlx4
> * libmthca
> * libnes
>
> Unknown:
> ========
> * libibdmcom
> * libdaplcma
> * libdaplofa
> * libibdm
> * libibis
> * libibmscli
> * libopensm
> * libosmcomp
> * libosmvendor
> * libosmvendor_openib

'libosmvendor_openib' is not a library, just symbolic link.

> * libumad2sim

Sasha