[ewg] IBV_WR_RDMA_WRITE_WITH_IMM problem

Matthew Small matthewtsmall at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 07:31:16 PST 2008

First off, replace every WQE with CE in my question (long day).  Secondly,
both responses were very helpful and Dotan, you are correct that I never
posted a receive on the sink side of the RDMA operation.  I saw nowhere in
the specification where it said this must be done (and it is a bit
counterintuitive given the nature of RDMA), but I can now see the need given
that it would be a bit of a hassle if CE's could appear from nowhere (on the
receiver) without a corresponding receive WQE posted by receiver.  Thanks.

-Matt