[ewg] OFED meeting agenda for today (March 10)

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Mon Mar 10 08:12:56 PDT 2008

OFED meeting agenda:
--------------------
1. Feedback on OFED 1.3 release
2. Decide on fix release criteria and process (see suggestion below)
3. When do we need to have a new kernel branch for OFED 1.4 (based on
kernel 2.6.25)
4. OFED meeting frequency - do we wish to continue with bi-weekly, or
move to monthly meeting for this period

Fix/point release criteria and process:
---------------------------------------
Changes type:
1. No changes to kernel base (we should stay with 2.6.24)
2. No API changes (both in kernel and in user libs)
3. Low level driver changes - in the responsibility of the HW vendor,
meaning:
   The HW vendor can enhance/fix bugs in the low level driver
   The QA for the change is the responsibility of the HW vendor
4. Core and ULPs: Critical and high priority bug fixes only
5. Add backports to support a new OS (e.g. SLES10 SP2, FC8, etc.)
6. Replace MPI revision - I am not sure here - need MPI people to
respond on this

Release frequency:
1. Every 4-6 weeks (unless a blocker bug arises)

Release verification:
1. All vendors should run at least basic QA/verification cycle
2. If there is a change in a low level driver it's the responsibility of
the HW vendor to run full QA with this HW.