[ewg] OFED May 5 meeting summary

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue May 6 08:44:51 PDT 2008

May 5 OFED meeting summary:
===========================

1. OFED 1.3.1:
	1.1  Status of changes:
		IB-bonding - on work
		SRP failover - done (need more testing)
		SDP crashes - on work (not clear if we will have
something on time)
		RDS fixes for RDMA API - done
		librdmacm 1.0.7 - done
		uDAPL updates - done
		Open MPI 1.2.6 - done
		MVAPICH 1.0.1 - done
		MVAPICH2 1.0.3 - done
		IPoIB - 2 bugs fixed. There are still two issue that
should be resolved.
		Low level drivers: Changes that already committed:
			nes
			mlx4
			cxgb3
			ehca

	1.2 Schedule:
		rc1 - was released today
		rc2 - May 20
		GA  - May 29

	- ipath driver is going to be updated
	- There is an issue of bonding and Ethernet drivers on RHEL4 -
under debug
	- We wish to add support for SLES10 SP2. Already got an approval
from Novell
        Any volunteer to provide the new backport patches?

2. OFED 1.4:
   Updated that the new tree will be ready next week - based on
2.6.26-rc

3. Update on OpenSuSE build system - Yiftah updated on the work that is
done and problems:
   - The system requires clean RPMs only (no use of install script) -
they work to resolve
   - We target this system toward releases (and not to replace the daily
build system).
   - we may try now with OFED 1.3.1

Tziporet