[ewg] Agenda for the OFED meeting today (May 5)

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Mon May 19 07:20:57 PDT 2008

Hi,

This is the agenda for the OFED meeting today:
1. OFED 1.3.1:
   1.1 Schedule:
	rc1 - done on May 6
	rc2 - May 22 <== I propose to delay to Thursday since there are
few IPOIB bugs on work
	GA  - May 29
   1.2 OS support:
	SLES10 SP2 backports were done (thanks to Moshe from Voltaire)
	There is a request fro RHEL 5.2 - who has this OS and can help
with the backports?
   1.3 Bugs status
	Please set release version 1.3.1 for all bugs that should be
resolved in 1.3.1
	In the way the bugs are assigned today it is very hard to
extract the relevant bugs for the release.
	This is the list of bugs that should be resolved to my best
knowledge (please add more):

1024	normal	monis at voltaire.com	Bonding-Ping not recovery after
reconnect the non active interface
1027	normal	sashak at voltaire.com	kernel panic in mad.c
handle_outgoing_dr_smp with RESULT_CONSUMED
1031	normal	kliteyn at mellanox.co.il	OpenSM fat tree routing thinks
fat tree isn't
1032	critical	vu at mellanox.com	      RHEL  5.1 and OFED 1.3
cannot write IO blocks greater than 1024.
1038	normal	eli at mellanox.co.il	Kernel panic while running
tcp/ip ltp tests
1040	normal	jackm at mellanox.co.il	Kernel Oops during "port up/down
test"
1041	normal	vlad at mellanox.co.il	Install Failed with memtrack
flag in the conf file
1042	normal	vlad at mellanox.co.il	ofed-1.3.1 install fails

2. OFED 1.4:
	- Kernel rebase status: we have prepared the new tree, make-dist
pass but compilation still fails.
	  Any help to resolve compilation issues is welcome.
ofed_kernel
	- Update from the participants (mainly on new
components/features):
	  - NFSoRDMA - Jeff
	  - Management - Sasha
	  - Multiple EQs to best fit multi-core systems - we try to
define it with Roland
	  - RDMA CM to support IPv6 - Woody any news on this?
	  - IB BMME and iWARP equivalent memory extensions - under
progress on the general list

3. Open discussion
   - Upgrade memory in the OFA server:
     This request raised long time ago and we had a promise to do it
after 1.3 release. What is the status?
   - Other topics ...

Tziporet