[ewg] OFED Nov 24, 2008 meeting minutes

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Mon Nov 24 13:15:32 PST 2008

OFED Nov 24, 2008 meeting minutes
===========================

Meeting Summary:
==============
*	OFED 1.4 release: RC6 on Nov 28, GA on Dec 8
*	UNH will test RC6 as part of Logo program (will start with RC5
this week)
*	OFED documentation and training - Jim Ryan will raise in next
XWG meeting

Details:
=======

> 1. Bugs status review:
> 1370    	blo  	vlad at mellanox.co.il  	  	Ping over IPoIB
> I/F fails after ifconfig down and up - there is a fix but its not
> integrated - Vlad to take it
> 1242 	cri 	yannick.cote at qlogic.com 	kernel panic while
> running mpi2007 against ofed1.4 -- ib_... - should be delayed for
> 1.4.1 - move to normal
> 1410    	cri  	vlad at mellanox.co.il  	  	Memory leak
> (address handler not reped) in IPoIB - we have a fix, need to decide
> 1289 	maj 	jackm at mellanox.co.il 		Ib and ipoib doesn't
> respond while running multiple tests ... - should be fixed - ask
> Mellanox QA to check
> 1407 	maj 	monis at voltaire.com 		Active-Backup failure
> when disabling an active slave inte... - fixed with new bonding
> package
> 1377 	maj 	vu at mellanox.com 		Deadlock occurred during
> HA test - on work
> 1380 	maj 	vu at mellanox.com 		Cannot unload ib_srpt
> module on SRP target - moved to normal (involves scst's mid-layer
> module which we don't have *a lot of* control)
> 1395 	maj 	vu at mellanox.com 		kernel panic during SRP
> HA test - on work
> 1384    	maj  	eli at mellanox.co.il  	  	netperf latency
> small messages increase 5% - not reproduced on SLES10 SP2 with FW
> 2.5.0
> 1385 	maj 	eli at mellanox.co.il 		ofed 1.4 - netperf udp
> BW small messages decrease ~8%
> 1386 	maj 	eli at mellanox.co.il 		ofed 1.4 - iperf tcp
> connected mode BW large messages dec...

mvapich2 - Going to update package + RN

> 2. Decided on release date:
*	RC6 - 28 for Nov
*	GA - Dec 8 after UNH testing for the logo program

> 3. Decided on next meetings dates:
>     Dec 1, Dec 8 and Dec 15 (only if the release is not done)

4. Logo program and OFED release:
*	We wish that UNH will test it on each RC, as each vendor does,
so we will not find surprises in the last RC.
*	Rupert will see if they can start with RC5 this week.
*	UNH will test RC6 next week
*	Need to add Windows - Linux interop to the Logo program - Rupert
will lead the change to the test plan. Should be done in next interop
event.

5. Training and documentation:
*	In OFA BOF there was a request for documentation and training
for using OFED.
*	Jim Ryan will raise the subject of training/documents in the XWG
meeting, and see if OFA can finance it
*	Options - some company in the bay area (I did not captured the
name) and UNH on east cost
*	Olga to check with Voltaire if they have something to contribute
*	Tziporet will check with Mellanox to see if we can contribute
our verbs user manual