[ewg] RE: OFED meeting agenda for today (Oct 22)

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Wed Oct 22 23:50:26 PDT 2008

Woodruff, Robert J wrote:
> Attached are the 0.3 version of the BOF slides that we can review today.

slide 11 (1.4 features) says

"RDS – GA with RDMA API" - wrong, RDS patches are now on hold for 1.4
such that 1.4.1 is a must just in that sense

"Congestion Control in ibutils" - can someone elaborate what is the
exact feature?

"SDP – GA" - can someone say what is new here?

"VPI support: Eth and IB for ConnectX" - what is VPI and how it is used?
I understand that the mlx4_en driver was added to
the release. Not that I understand what an ethernet NIC has to do with
the RDMA stack, nor when it was ever discussed in public that the
release would contain this NIC driver.

Or.