[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] NFS-RDMA compilation problem

Talpey, Thomas Thomas.Talpey at netapp.com
Thu Oct 23 08:15:37 PDT 2008

At 01:32 AM 10/23/2008, Amar Mudrankit wrote:
>While I was trying to install OFED-1.4-rc3 over SLES 10 SP 2 with
>NFS-RDMA selected for installation, I got the following error message:
>
>nfs-utils-1.1.1 rpm is required to build kernel-ib

Do you need to run on SLES10? Because NFS/RDMA is part of mainline
kernel.org since 2.6.24. A more recent SuSE kernel, or any distro
updated since (roughly) early this year should support NFS/RDMA out
of the box.

BTW, there are some significant updates in the coming 2.6.28 rc's,
many server improvements and the client now supports Fastreg (FRMR).
These changes are queued in Linus' tree currently.

I'll let Jeff Becker speak to the OFED packaging, which is what your
dependency error seems to be stemming from.

Tom.