[ewg] RE: OFED meeting agenda for today (Oct 22)

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sun Oct 26 05:30:49 PDT 2008

Or Gerlitz wrote:

> slide 11 (1.4 features) says
>
> "RDS – GA with RDMA API" - wrong, RDS patches are now on hold for 1.4
> such that 1.4.1 is a must just in that sense
GA with RDMA API is already done over IB
RDS patches on hold are those that supports iWARP.

> "Congestion Control in ibutils" - can someone elaborate what is the
> exact feature?
This is part of ibis and work over ConnectX - You can ask Yevgeny K for
details

> "VPI support: Eth and IB for ConnectX" - what is VPI and how it is used?
This was presented already at Sonoma (look at my presentation on the
web), and was part of the plan all the time (look at
http://www.openfabrics.org/txt/woody/roadmap.txt)
The name was Multi-Protocol before and VPI (Virtual Protocol
Interconnect) now
> I understand that the mlx4_en driver was added to the release.
This is the way the MP is implemented, and its just one more module for
the mlx4_core. and Roland is the Linux maintainer.

Tziporet