[ewg] OFED October 27 2008 meeting summary on OFED 1.4 status

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Oct 28 07:36:44 PDT 2008

OFED October 27 2008 meeting summary on OFED 1.4 status

Meeting minutes on the web:
http://www.openfabrics.org/txt/documentation/linux/EWG_meeting_minutes/

Meeting Summary:
==============
1. RC4 is planed for next week - Nov 4
2. NFS_RDMA will be enabled on kernel 2.6.27 only since its not actually
working on the distros

Details:
======
1. Bugs status and decide on their priority

1262    	cri  	andy.grover at oracle.com  	congestion hang
with RDS - not critical
1298 	cri 	Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov 	nfsrdma rh5.1 causes
kernel panic - not critical - will disable it on RHEL5
1299 	cri 	Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov 	nfs module is missing
symbols in rh5.1 - not critical - same as above
1287 	cri 	vlad at mellanox.co.il 	 	IPoIB datagram mode
initial packet loss - not critical need to check if it happened on OFED
1.3 too
1242 	cri 	yannick.cote at qlogic.com 	kernel panic while
running mpi2007 against ofed1.4 -- ib_... - on work
1301 	maj 	andy.grover at oracle.com 	Can not load rds module on RH4
up7 - Olga will look at this
1221 	maj 	Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov 	SLES10 sp2: remote
logins via ssh fail due to rpcbind and... - will disable on this OS
1284 	maj 	monis at voltaire.com 	 	Bonding - when eth
bonding and IB bonding are configured,... on work
1286 	maj 	monis at voltaire.com 	 	bond does not failover
correctly - on work
1308 	maj 	vlad at mellanox.co.il 	 	path_rec_completion
[ib_ipoib] kernel Oops (Unable to han...- on work
1164 	maj 	yosefe at voltaire.com 	 	iperf over IPoIB UD
fails for 100 tcp connections - reduce to normal
1288 	maj 	yosefe at voltaire.com 	 	bug warning while
disabling/enabling ports from he switch - check with Yossi

2. We had a discussion on NFS-RDMA since both RHEL 5.1 and SLES10 SP2
backports are not working well
We had a debate - do we take it out of OFED since it is not working on
the distros
Leave it in: We can have bug fixes for 1.4.1, and give customers a
platform to play with
Take it out: If someone will try it on the distro experience can be
problematic
Decision: We will leave it for 2.6.27 kernel only.
All testing should be done on this kernel mainly to see that basic
functionality is working

3. Decide on RC4 target date - Nov 4
Betsy will check the compilation warnings status - and see if we can
have more improvements for RC4

4. Reviewed BOF presentation from Woody.
General content is good.
For OFED 1.5 - we will add list of OSes that their support will be
dropped