[ewg] ***SPAM*** Please pull QLogic VNIC kernel driver

Ramachandra K ramachandra.kuchimanchi at qlogic.com
Mon Sep 8 08:25:44 PDT 2008

Vlad,

1. What is the distro where you this error ?

2. > Parsing Configuration file                                 [FAILED]

This is most likely because of no configuration file
(/etc/infiniband/qlgc_vnic.cfg)
being present.

When you see this, do you see a message in /var/log/messages saying
"/usr/sbin/ib_qlgc_vnic_parser.pl: Error: No configuration file found" ?

We will fix this problem so that no errors are thrown if there is no
configuration file.

Till then a work around could be to "touch /etc/infiniband/qlgc_vnic.cfg"

3. > Parsing Configuration file/etc/init.d/qlgc_vnic: line 354: udevstart:
    > command not found

This error should only come if there is no /dev/infiniband/umad0 device.
Is the ib_umad module loaded ?

Also I believe other than these messages appearing, other services that
are part of openibd should start normally.

Regards,
Ram