[ewg] Dependencies in OpenSM libraries

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Mon Sep 29 12:37:47 PDT 2008

On 08:53 Mon 29 Sep     , John Russo wrote:
> The concern is that use of basic utilities and diagnostic tools should
> not require opensm to be installed.

Not opensm, opensm-libs. As far as I remember the concern was about
some specific third parties (non-OFA) using "non-public" libraries.

> Given the previous discussion it
> would have seemed that only opensm was going to use the non-public
> libraries.  We are unclear on what the permitted scope of use of these
> libraries are.

And the discussion was about stable and non-stable library APIs, not
about "permissions" for others to use or not to use the libraries. I
think everything was on the list.

Sasha