[Fwd: Re: [ewg] Moving to new server]

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Apr 1 09:57:05 PDT 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Jeff Becker wrote:

> > BTW, I see "69.55.231.68" is the IP address of the new server.
> >
> > Do you want a [temporary] DNS name for this?  (e.g., I see the
> > hostname is set to "sofa" -- so "sofa.openfabrics.org?)
>
> Initially, we'd like git.openfabrics.org to be associated with
> 69.55.231.68. Can you arrange this? Thanks.

Do you want this *right now*?  I think if they make the change today,
it'll take effect tomorrow morning.

Do you want a "permanent" name set to "sofa.openfabrics.org" just to
completely disambiguate this server from the other?  I.e., "sofa"
would be the A name, and "git" (and eventually, all the rest) can be
CNAMEs?  (git is a CNAME right now, to "staging.openfabrics.org")

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems