[ewg] EWG OFED meeting agenda for today - Apr 6, 09

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Mon Apr 6 07:12:46 PDT 2009

This is OFED meeting agenda for today (April 6):
a. OFED 1.4.1 release status:
	Reminder for OFED 1.4.1 schedule:
*	RC1 & RC2 - done
*	RC3 - Apr 6 - to be released today
*	GA - Apr 23
Critical bugs
Note - we have 18 critical bugs :-(
We should decide if we wish to fix all of them - the release will be
delayed, or we need to reduce some of them to normal.
bug_id	bug_severity	op_sys	assigned_to	bug_status
short_short_desc
1578	blocker	All	Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov	NEW
ofa_kernel/include/linux/autoconf.h undefines macros
1538	blocker	Other	vlad at mellanox.co.il	NEW	how to deal with
/usr/src/ofa_kernel/include/linux/autoconf.h?
1540	critical	SLES 10	andy.grover at oracle.com	NEW	openib
stop hangs on sles10sp2, ppc64 after kernel Oops in rds
1567	critical	All	andy.grover at oracle.com	ASSIGNED
kernel panic while unloading rds module
1571	critical	RHEL 5	jon at opengridcomputing.com	NEW
nfsrdma server crash @test5 connotation basic test,
1574	critical	RHEL 5	jon at opengridcomputing.com	NEW
nfsrdma server run out-of-memory and reboot
1589	critical	RHEL 5	jon at opengridcomputing.com	NEW
FRMR registration errors logged by cxgb3 during NFSRDMA iozone runs
1255	critical	RHEL 5	monis at voltaire.com	NEW	bringing
down bonding device hangs
1549	critical	SLES 10	vlad at mellanox.co.il	NEW
kernel-ib / sles 10sp2 / zypper install issue
1568	major	RHEL 4	eli at mellanox.co.il	NEW	mthca driver
hangs during unload
1587	major	Other	eli at mellanox.co.il	NEW	Adding and
removing pkey from partition.conf cause to machine to hung
1287	major	RHEL 5	jackm at mellanox.co.il	NEW	IPoIB datagram
mode initial packet loss
1506	major	RHEL 5	jackm at mellanox.co.il	NEW	driver
occasionally fails to start on driver restart
1528	major	RHEL 5	jackm at mellanox.co.il	NEW	IPoIB get stack
when running Hadoop application.
1529	major	RHEL 5	jackm at mellanox.co.il	NEW	Opensm cannot be
stopped following openib failure.
1545	major	Other	jackm at mellanox.co.il	NEW	Performance
degradation in ofed 1.4.1 in TCP BW for some packets size
1570	major	SLES 10	Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov	NEW
rnfs-utils fails to compile on sles10sp2
1579	major	RHEL 5	jsquyres at cisco.com	ASSIGNED
OpenMPI-1.3.1-1: segfault during close

b. OFED 1.5 release process:
Make sure all participants are inline with decisions we took in Sonoma
in the OFED/distro discussion:
1) Identify all user components which are not packaged as tarballs and
notify them that it will be a condition of inclusion in OFED 1.5 that
they are packaged as tarballs.
2) Ensure that each of the tarballs for OFED 1.5 has a unique version
number, and that version numbers are updated appropriately as the
tarball contents change.
3) Ensure that each use level component that depends on specific kernel
feature actually checks for the existence of that kernel feature, and
politely declines to compile/install if that component is not available.
4)  Investigate making the OFED install work as non-root - Doug has
offered tutorials using BUILD_ROOT and chroot mechanisms to do non-root
builds.

Tziporet