[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] ofed autoconf.h

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Tue Apr 14 07:20:12 PDT 2009

Attached is my final solution that resolves 1538 and 1578.  With this
patch, the generated autoconf.h will have slightly different content
based on whether __OFED__BUILD__ is defined.  I've added this define to
the ofed makefile so it is defined when building the ofed kernel
internally.  External modules including the ofed autoconf.h must _not_
define __OFED_BUILD__.

Semantically, here are the differences:

With __OFED_BUILD__ defined:

- #undef all ofed CONFIG defines
- #define only the ofed CONFIG defines enabled by the ofa kernel tree
configuration

Without __OFED_BUILD__ defined:

- #include_next <linux/autoconf.h> first to get the backing kernel
CONFIG defines
- #define only the CONFIG defines enabled by the ofa kernel tree
configuration

Comments?

If nobody barks, I'll push this up to my git tree for Vlad to pull tomorrow.

Steve.