[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for Aug 24

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Wed Aug 26 08:35:01 PDT 2009

EWG/OFED the meeting minutes for Aug 24, 2009

Meeting summary:
----------------

1. OFED 1.5 release status
- Testing in low gear is done at all companies
- Qlogic expect more changes in their low level driver
- SDP Zcopy was added, under testing and stabilization
- All libraries must move to tarball and not git for the beta (see list
at the end).
  Not clear who is the owner of ibsim - Sasha is that you?

2. MMU notifier -
   Will go to kernel 2.6.32
   Mellanox will check if it is possible to create backport for RH5 or
SELS 11.

3. Items from XWG:
   OFA BOF: Woody will coordinate it

   Scaling issues with OFA (IB/iWARP) networks - long term
   Issues: Routers SPECs, SM scalability, Architectural limitations
   Maybe we need to have a meeting in SC09 with the customers

4. RDMAoE - will be in a different branch after we will have 1.5 beta
   In this way it will not affect people that does not want it in OFED.

list of libraries that should be packed:
* libibverbs - Mellanox
* libmthca - Mellanox
* libmlx4 - Mellanox
* libehca - IBM
* libipathverbs  - Qlogic
* libcxgb3 - OCG
* libnes - Intel
* libibcm - Intel (Sean)
* librdmacm - Intel (Sean)
* libsdp - Mellanox
* sdpnetstat  - Mellanox
* srptools  - Mellanox
* perftest - Mellanox
* qlvnictools - Qlogic
* tvflash - ??
* mstflint - Mellanox
* qperf -Johann George
* ibutils - Mellanox
* ibsim- ??
* Build & install script - Vlad (Mellanox)

Tziporet