[ewg] Agenda for the OFED meeting today (Jan 5, 09)

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Sun Jan 4 22:00:15 PST 2009

Hello all,

I hope we all had nice holidays and vacations, and now it's the time to
get back to business.

Agenda for OFED meeting today:

1. Conclusions from OFED 1.4 release: Open discussion

2. Do we wish to have OFED 1.4.: Please send pros & cons before the
meeting

3. OFED 1.5: Schedule and features.

This is what we presented in SC08 about 1.5:

Preliminary Schedule:
*	Feature Freeze: 3/20/09
*	Alpha Release: 3/20/09
*	Beta Release: 4/20/09
*	RC1: 5/5/09
*	RC2-RCx: About every 2 weeks as needed
*	Release: June 2009
Features:
*	Kernel.org: 2.6.28 and 2.6.29
*	Multiple Event Queues to support Multi-core CPUs
*	NFS/RDMA - GA
*	RDS support for iWARP
*	OpenMPI 1.3
*	Add support/backports for RedHat EL 5.3 and EL 4.8, SLES 11
*	Support for Mellanox vNIC (EoIB) and FCoIB with BridgeX device
*	more TBD...

We also presented the OS matrix but I suggest we will close this in the
next meeting.

My proposal:
*	Have the release in July and not June - so we will have more
time for development
*	Stick to one kernel version base and not change in the middle
since we saw that changing the kernel base caused a delay.
We need to decide in the meeting if it is 2.6.29 or we should wait for
2.6.30.
*	Add IB over Eth - this is similar to iWARP but more like IB
(e.g. including UD), and can work over ConnectX.

Please send your suggestions to the list before the meeting if possible

Tziporet