[ewg] RE: [ofa-general] RE: Agenda for the OFED meeting today (Jan 5, 09)

John Russo john.russo at qlogic.com
Mon Jan 5 09:17:41 PST 2009

Sorry Jeff... I am playing "middle man" with another engineer here for this information...

The query does not have to be per QP, but it does need to be per IB HCA port to IB HCA port communication path.

For example, if a node has 64 CPUs, it could do the query once per each other node on behalf of the 64 processes.

Its still an N^2 set of queries, but at least N can be reduced to be the number of end node IB ports as opposed to the number of processes.