[ewg] RE: OFED Jan 5, 2009 meeting minutes on OFED plans

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Jan 6 13:54:28 PST 2009

>* Mellanox suggested to add IB over Eth - this is similar to iWARP but
>more like IB (e.g. including UD), and can work over ConnectX.
>A concern was raised by Intel (Dave Sommers) since it is not a standard
>transport.
>Decision: This request will be raised in the MWG, and they should decide
>if OFA can support it.

Just is just my opinion, but in the past, OFED has included non-standard
features, like extended connected mode, that are still not part of the IBTA
spec.

Do we know if such a feature would be accepted into the Linux kernel?  I think
OFED should base their decision more on the answer to that question than IBTA
approval.