[ewg] OFED Jan 5, 2009 meeting minutes on OFED plans

Betsy Zeller betsy.zeller at qlogic.com
Tue Jan 6 19:22:44 PST 2009

 Given that we GA'd OFED 1.3 on Dec 10/08, I'm pretty uncomfortable with
scheduling our OFED 1.4 release almost a full 8 months later. If I
remember right, our goal is to have two OFED releases a year.

How about  a schedule as follows:
Feature Freeze:	3/25/09
Alpha Release:	3/25/09
Beta Release:	4/20/09
RC1: 		     4/06/09
RC2:		     4/20/09
RC3:		     5/04/09
RC4:		     5/18/09
RC5:		     6/01/09
RC6:		     6/15/09
Release: 	   6/28/09

Or, we could be somewhat more firm about what constitutes a feature
freeze, make that later, and go with less RCs. But, one way or another,
I think we really need to tighten up the schedule.

Betsy