[ewg] i need to avoid the NFSRDMA headers in kernel-ib-devel

Brian J. Murrell brian at sun.com
Wed Jul 8 13:12:12 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 14:42 -0500, Jon Mason wrote:

> Just tell them that NFSRMDA is NOT optional ;-)

Oh, I'm sure not many would have a problem with that.  It's our own risk
management that prevents us from doing that.

> Creating a seperate package can be quite harry and will eat a large
> chunk of time.

Fair enough.

> I think it would be much easier to have some compile
> time checkes, for example #ifdef CONFIG_NFS_FS around all the NFS
> specific functions/headers.  Does that sound plausable/reasonable?

This sounds like one of the options I suggested in the bugzilla bug, but
CONFIG_NFS_FS is the generic kernel definition to enable NFS isn't it?
That would mean that if the vendor's default .config enabled NFS, it
would still not guard the NFSRDMA headers, if I understand you
correctly.

I think you need to invent your own macro (maybe CONFIG_OFA_NFS_FS)
which you define when the user chooses the OFED NFSRDMA and that
definition guards all of the declarations (heck, in most cases, probably
just entire include files, with #include_next <> as the #else case of
the guard) in the OFED NFSRDMA headers.

b.