[ewg] OFED Nightly OFED-1.5-20090714-0600 build break in infiniband-diags

Jon Mason jon at opengridcomputing.com
Tue Jul 14 09:26:42 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 07:09:49PM +0300, Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> On 10:32 Tue 14 Jul     , Jon Mason wrote:
> >
> > Can you regress the infiniband-diags RPM in the nightlies to the version
> > found in 07/02 until Sasha has it working again?
>
> Why should we regress things when we are even in pre-alpha phase yet? We
> need to fix problems instead.

I understand that there can be bugs in the code that will be found, that
is to be expected with this early stage of development.  However, I was
under the impression that all code needed to compile before being
submitted for inclusion in the build.

Internally, we are using the nightlies to verify my bug fixes.  If we
cannot build the nightlies, I cannot close my bugs.  Which is why we are
hitting these build breaks so frequently (and why I keep bringing up
this issue).

If you want assistance with test compiling on certain architectures,
I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,
Jon