[ewg] RE: Compile error on 7/14 daily build of OFED-1.5

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Jul 23 13:12:29 PDT 2009

This compile error still exists in today's daily build.
I did a little investigation and it looks like it is
an include file search order problem. It looks like the
include file <asm/system.h> was added to bitops.h for ia64
for a backport for addr.c, however with this, it causes
the compile problem in kobject_backport.c .
I was able to work around the problem with the following changes
to bitops.h, but I am not sure this is the best way to fix it.

#ifndef BACKPORT_ASM_BITOPS_H
#define BACKPORT_ASM_BITOPS_H

#include_next <asm/bitops.h>
#if defined(__ia64__)
/* #include <asm/system.h> */   <- causes a compile problem in kobject_backport.c

#define mb() ia64_mf()   <--- if I only add the defines that are needed from system.h instead
#ifdef CONFIG_SMP             everything seems to compile and run OK.
#define smp_mb() mb()
#else
#define smp_mb() barrier()
#endif

#endif

static inline void clear_bit_unlock(unsigned long nr, volatile unsigned long *addr)
{
        smp_mb__before_clear_bit();
        clear_bit(nr, addr);
}