[ewg] RFC: Do we wish to take MPI out of OFED?

Pawel Dziekonski dzieko at wcss.pl
Wed Jun 3 00:39:49 PDT 2009

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 at 10:30:07PM +0300, Tziporet Koren wrote:

> Main reasons to keep MPI in OFED:
> - All participants test with the same MPI versions, and when installing
> OFED it is ensured that MPI will work fine with this version.
> - Customers convenience in install (no need to go to more sites to get MPI)
> - MPI is an important RDMA ULP and although it is not developed in OFA it
> is widely used by OFED customers

As a customer I strongly support above mentioned pros. It's a
guarantee for us that MPI is well tested with OFED release. I believe
that this effort saves a lot of troubles that would be raised from
separate releases of MPI and OFED distros.

thanks, Pawel
--
Pawel Dziekonski <pawel.dziekonski at wcss.pl>
Wroclaw Centre for Networking & Supercomputing, HPC Department