[ewg] RFC: Do we wish to take MPI out of OFED?

Anatoly Greenblatt anatolyg at voltaire.com
Wed Jun 3 22:40:08 PDT 2009

Hi,

I vote to remove.

This is our Open MPI team leader answer:

I think it should be taken out from the following reasons:
ompi related build errors or bugs can affect OFED release dates
many customers prefer their own mpi packages
almost all linux distros contain pre-compiled mpi rpms which can be
installed with yum/apt-get/...
having MPI as part of OFED comlicates its release process and scripts.

Regards,
Anatoly.