[ofa-general] RE: [ewg] RFC: Do we wish to take MPI out of OFED?

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Jun 16 08:03:56 PDT 2009

On Jun 16, 2009, at 10:57 AM, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:

> I think that up till now, there has not been any updates that have
> been so contentious that we needed a formal vote.
> I think that with most of the updates so far, there has
> been a general consensus to add things.

Understood, but the quoted wording of the bylaws doesn't seem to have
any leeway for "consensus" vs. voting.  If this is the case, then the
EWG has been acting outside of its charter.

If the bylaws should be changed to allow for consensus, then I assume
there's a process for that and that process should be initiated.

My $0.02: self-created rules are only useful if they're followed.  If
they're not followed, they should be changed or thrown out.  :-)

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems