[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] Build failures on current 1.4.1 dailies

Gennadiy Nerubayev parakie at gmail.com
Wed May 6 23:43:01 PDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Or Gerlitz <or.gerlitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gennadiy Nerubayev <parakie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Running on 2.6.27.21 x64. ofa_kernel build error as follows:
>

> What makes you use ofed on this kernel? if you need newer features, simply
> use 2.6.29.1 or newer bits. Also if you still need to use ofed, the place
> its worked out is the ewg list @ ewg at lists.openfabrics.org, the general
> list is for the upstream kernel.

Well, I need a recent-ish vanilla kernel due to some performance advantages
over stock redhat in some usage scenarios. OFED goes on top of that because
of the ease of installation and use.

I know I can install and use some of the userspace ofed stuff (opensm,
utils, management, libs, etc) along with the in-kernel infinband stack on
2.6.29.1, but even that does not include the whole picture compared to full
ofed. Simple stuff still needs to be added for it to be functional, such as
90-ib.rules which is part of the ofa_kernel rpm package; but I digress.
Also, this may sound dumb, but where do I get the support for SDP with
in-kernel stack? I can build the libsdp stuff in ofed, but the actual module
appears to be ofa_kernel only?

Thanks,

-Gennadiy