[ewg] Re: OFED 1.4.1-rc5 symbol disagreements

Jon Mason jon at opengridcomputing.com
Wed May 13 08:16:32 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:19:55AM +0300, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Hi OGC gang,
>
> May you guys spare the general list from your ofed related postings? I
> don't see any reason for them to be sent to this list nor how does it
> serve you, thx

Mailing list police?  If you do not see any purpose to these e-mails to
general, then feel free to delete them.

> Or.
>
> Brian M. Rzycki wrote:
>> I downloaded and installed OFED-1.4.1-rc5.tgz on the machine.  I
>> configured one of the Mellanox infiniband interfaces and then reboot
>> the system.  When installing I chose 2,3:  2) Install OFED Software
>> 3) All packages (all of Basic, HPC) Upon reboot I see the following
>> messages in the dmesg log:
> Jon Mason wrote:
>> I do not think anyone has backported 2.6.27 (as I do not see a kernel_addons/backport/2.6.27 backport dir).  The fix is a simple 1 liner in pagemap.h consisting of: #define __grab_cache_page	grab_cache_page Since there is not a backport dir for this kernel, do we really want to add support for it this late in the OFED 1.4.1 release?  I have not done any NFSRDMA testing for this kernel.  So this could end up to be something that could delay the 1.41. release further.

The originator of this e-mail Cc'ed general (and Roland), and I thought
he might have a good reason for doing so.  If you look through the
history of my e-mails, you will not see me "spamming" general with
erroneous e-mails.  Please save the lectures for repeat offenders and do
it on an individual basis (and not spam yet another mailing list).

Thanks,
Jon