[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] ***SPAM*** nfs over rdma in Cent OS 5.2

Jon Mason jon at opengridcomputing.com
Wed May 27 02:52:18 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 08:40:33AM +0530, lakshmana swamy wrote:

> HI All,
>

> Iam going to setup nfs over rdma in 10 clusterd nodes which has *Cents OS 5.2*operating system. Since nfs over rdma will not support to the defalut kernel of Cent OS 5.2, we need to upgrade the kernel verson. Thus *Which versions of kernel, nfs-util and ofed is the best combination * to go ahead for smooth Installation?

OFED 1.4.1 will have support for the stock CentOS/RHEL 5.2 kernel, and
should be coming out any day now.

If you do not want to wait for it to come out, then you should use the
2.6.28 kernel, nfs-utils 1.5, and OFED 1.4.  The basics of how to set it
up can be found in the Linux kernel documentation at
Documentation/filesystems/nfs-rdma.txt

Thanks,
Jon