[ewg] SLES11 backport issue for NFSRDMA

Jon Mason jon at opengridcomputing.com
Mon Nov 9 12:19:26 PST 2009

I backported NFSRDMA against the kernel that shipped with SLES11, with
is linux-2.6.27.19-5.  Novell has released multiple kernel updates since
shipping SLES11.  Unfortunately, one of these releases contains a patch
which redefines a structure used by NFS.  Normally I would #ifdef the
new definitions based on the kernel version, but the kernel version it
changes on is linux-2.6.27.25-0.1 and KERNEL_VERSION only takes the
first 3 parameters (thus ignoring EXTRAVERSION).  Is there a way to work
around this issue?

Vlad, Tziporet thought you might be able to provide some insight.

For more information, checkout bug 1822.

Thanks,
Jon