[ewg] RE: [ofw] SC'09 BOF - Meeting notes

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Fri Nov 20 05:05:17 PST 2009

+1 on Roland's and Woody's comments.

There is a difference between the *desirability* of a new feature and
the speed to which it should be pushed out to an enterprise/production-
quality software stack.

1. We're at rc2.  Major changes to the core shouldn't even be on the
table.

2. Both Roland and Or have identified critical questions that *must*
be answered satisfactorily.  Until they are, this feature cannot be
considered anything other than "experimental".

Although many of us would like to see this feature in main-line
distributions ASAP, prudence and caution are much, much better in the
long run.

Just my $0.02.