[ewg] ofa_1_5_kernel 20091104-0200 daily build status

Brian J. Murrell brian at sun.com
Fri Nov 20 08:54:54 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 08:49 -0800, Jeff Becker wrote:

> Actually - that's OK, since the problem arises from the fact that the
> backport file contains the definition because older versions of
> SLES10SP2 didn't.

Right.

> You're basically replacing the kernel header
> definition (in newer SLES10SP2 kernels) with the identical definition.

Right.  For as long as it remains identical (i.e. it's changed in the
SLES source -- for whatever, ever so remote reason).

The purest in me would rather the solution worked the other way and
preferred the version supplied by the kernel if it's present and fell
back to the OFED definition if it's not.  I cannot figure out how to
engineer that though.  :-/

In the absence of that "more pure" solution, my patch seems to do the
job with that very slight risk of de-synchronization.

Cheers,
b.