[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for Nov 23, 09

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Nov 24 07:23:50 PST 2009

EWG/OFED the meeting minutes for Nov 23, 2009

Meeting summary:
----------------
* RDMAoE and OFED 1.5: It was decided to include RDMAoE in OFED 1.5.1.
* 1.5 RC3 will be released on Wed 11/24/09

* Reminder: We have weekly meetings till OFED 1.5 GA

Meeting details:
----------------
1. RDMAoE and OFED 1.5:
There was a very life discussion on what should we do with the RDMAoE
feature,
and what is the best fit from all EWG members.
Everybody agreed we cannot delay such an important feature for a long
period from one hand,
and from the other hand OFED process is not to change any core features
after RC1.

After all the different argument raised, very similar to those on the
mail thread so I will
not repeat them here, we decided that the best solution will be to have
this feature in OFED 1.5.1.

Meanwhile the OFED-RDMAoE branch will continue to be available to anyone
that wish to test the
new feature now. All companies are invited to test this package and
report issues.

Note:
In bugzilla we have two versions:
- 1.5
- 1.5-RDMAoE

So it is easy to know which bug belong to which package.

2. Decide on RC3 date - RC3 will be released on Wed 25 Nov
   (I know all US people are on thanks-Giving holiday but some of us are
not in US :-)

3. Bugs status - we reviewed bugs and updated status and severity.
For now we have 6 critical and 13 major bugs

All bug owners: please work on your issues ASAP, and update bug status
if it was fixed.

1800  cri  	RHEL  amirv at mellanox.co.il  	  	iperf sdp on ppc
cause to client machine to dead lock
1812 	cri 	SLES 	amirv at mellanox.co.il 		SDP fails during
init_qp
1826 	cri 	Othe 	amirv at mellanox.co.il 		Iperf sdp with
more than 50 connections cause to call tra...
1831 	cri 	RHEL 	eli at mellanox.co.il 		ofed-1.5rc2
crashed RHEL5.4 linux kernel running IPoIB bi...
1805 	cri 	RHEL 	jon at opengridcomputing.com 	Kernel panics
when NFS server is 32 bit OS & NFS client i...
1811 	cri 	RHEL 	jon at opengridcomputing.com 	OFED-1.5-
NFSoverRDMA-"SPECIAL TESTS" of Connectathon too...
1804 	maj 	RHEL 	andy.grover at oracle.com 		RDS panic
1691 	maj 	All 	arlin.r.davis at intel.com 	dapl-utils RPM
conflicts with compat-dapl-utils on SLES11...
1639 	maj 	RHEL 	eli at mellanox.co.il 		Kernel panic
while running udp traffic
1642 	maj 	All 	eli at mellanox.co.il 		IPoIB has
starvation issues under UDP stress.
1839 	maj 	SLES 	eli at mellanox.co.il 		IPoIB Conneced
fails on Multicast latency test
1789 	maj 	Cent 	jon at opengridcomputing.com 	OFED-1.5 kernel
panic observed while running iozone & con...
1815 	maj 	RHEL 	jon at opengridcomputing.com 	NFSoRDMA:
mount.rnfs on client side does not work
1821 	maj 	RHEL 	monis at voltaire.com 		Crash in bonding
1833 	maj 	Othe 	monis at voltaire.com 		Bonding on RH5
up4: rdma_cm does not send an ADDR_CHNAGE ...
1778 	maj 	Cent 	swise at opengridcomputing.com 	OFED-1.5-IMB
tests Alltoall & Alltoallv aborts while runn...
1719 	maj 	Othe 	tom at opengridcomputing.com 	Reconnect path
in Linux client can loop indefinitely
1636 	maj 	SLES 	vlad at mellanox.co.il 		SLES10 and
SLES11 expect a -32bit suffix for any user spa...
1823 	maj 	SLES 	vu at mellanox.com
OFED-1.5-rc2 opensm fails to discover SRP direct connect ...

Tziporet