[ewg] ofa_1_5_kernel 20091007-0200 daily build status

Brian J. Murrell brian at sun.com
Thu Oct 8 05:35:50 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 09:51 +0200, Vladimir Sokolovsky wrote:

> Hi Brian,

Hi Vlad,

> ISER in OFED-1.5 supported on kernel 2.6.30 only (there is no backport
> patches for kernels < 2.6.30).

Ahhh.  This is a new requirement then with OFED 1.5?  Previous OFED
releases (i.e. 1.4) supported ISER on most (all?) supported (i.e.
RHEL/SLES vendor) kernels didn't it?

> Daily build script and OFED's install
> script prevent ISER compilation on kernels < 2.6.30.

I see.

> As I understand, you passed '--with-iser-mod' parameter manually to the
> rpmbuild command. Therefore you got this failure.

Right.

> So, if you want to use ISER on kernel < 2.6.30 you can't use OFED-1.5 or
> you need to prepare the backport patches.

Is this something that's expected to be remedied before the GA release,
or has a decision been made to officially not support ISER for $kernel <
2.6.30 with OFED 1.5?

b.