[ewg] OFED iwarp verbs implementation question

Venkataraman, Meenakshi meenakshi.venkataraman at intel.com
Wed Sep 2 13:23:01 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm benchmarking servers connected by 10Gbps iWARP adaptors and I had a question regarding ordering and fencing operations in the iWARP OFED stack.

What spec do the ordering and fencing rules comply with?

I have the iWARP verbs 1.0 spec (from 2003, look here<http://www.rdmaconsortium.org/home/draft-hilland-iwarp-verbs-v1.0-RDMAC.pdf>). Do the fencing operations conform the spec (look in section 8). As an aside, is there a newer version of the spec (this is what I found on the rdma consortium website)?

Thanks,
Meenakshi

Meenakshi Venkataraman
Intel Labs | CSR | SSAL | SSAL-IOA