[ewg] RFC: Splitting of the management git tree in Open Fabrics

Ira Weiny weiny2 at llnl.gov
Tue Aug 31 12:51:59 PDT 2010

As I briefly mentioned in an email to Yevgeny regarding libibumad ABI's; I
believe it is time to break up the management git tree.

With GA of OFED 1.5.2 scheduled for Sept 13, I would like to request comments
from the community about the following split after that GA.

On openfabrics.org/git split management.git into the following trees.

openfabrics.org/git/infiniband-diags.git
openfabrics.org/git/libibumad.git
openfabrics.org/git/libibmad.git
openfabrics.org/git/opensm.git

Sasha can populate those from the current management tree.  We believe there
are git commands which will do this without losing any history from the git
trees.

Vlad, what changes would you have to make in the OFED build to accommodate
these packages being in separate git trees?

Any other concerns or comments?

Thanks,
Ira

--