[ewg] Need help for Infiniband optimisation for our cluster (MTU...)

Tom Elken tom.elken at qlogic.com
Tue Dec 7 08:53:11 PST 2010

ibv_devinfo is perhaps a more commonly availble command that shows the HCA in use and the max and active IB MTU size.

e.g.
$ ibv_devinfo
hca_id: qib0
        transport:                      InfiniBand (0)
        fw_ver:                         0.0.0
        node_guid:                      0011:7500:005a:6b02
        sys_image_guid:                 0011:7500:005a:6b02
        vendor_id:                      0x1175
        vendor_part_id:                 29474
        hw_ver:                         0x1
        board_id:                       InfiniPath_QLE7340
        phys_port_cnt:                  1
                port:   1
                        state:                  PORT_ACTIVE (4)
                        max_mtu:                4096 (5)