[ewg] Intel NetEffect NE020 E10G81GP use

Andrea Gozzelino Andrea.Gozzelino at lnl.infn.it
Thu Dec 16 08:13:08 PST 2010

Hi,

I wrote about RDMA over TCP/IP (iWARP).
Today I have installed mvapich2-1.6rc1 and openmpi-1.4.3 on my machine.

I don't know a lot about MPI code.
I just try run hello file from example folder.

[root at redigo-01 examples]# ls
connectivity_c.c hello_c.c hello_f77.f Makefile README ring_cxx.cc
ring_f90.f90
hello hello_cxx.cc hello_f90.f90 Makefile.include ring_c.c ring_f77.f
[root at redigo-01 examples]# pwd
/root/openmpi-1.4.3/examples

COMMAND LINE:
A) [root at redigo-01 examples]# mpiexec -n 6
/root/openmpi-1.4.3/examples/cpi
problem with execution of /root/openmpi-1.4.3/examples/cpi on
redigo-01.lnl.infn.it: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

B) [root at redigo-01 examples]# mpirun rsh redigo-01.lnl.infn.it_59240
hello
redigo-01.lnl.infn.it_59240: host unknown
redigo-01.lnl.infn.it_59240: host unknown
trying normal rsh (/usr/bin/rsh)
redigo-01.lnl.infn.it_59240: Unknown host

I write the mod.conf (as root user) file and I put it with correct
permissions in /etc directory.

I don't understand where is my error?

Could you help me with these first steps in MPI?

Thank you very much.
Regards,
Andrea

Mail: andrea.gozzelino at lnl.infn.it