[ewg] OFED-1.5.1 failure over iWarp

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Feb 3 12:29:33 PST 2010

>No, the idea is this: for non ARPHRD_INFINIBAND devices (e.g. rocee or
>iwarp) I assume first this rocee, get the rocee gid, and check if this
>gid appears in any device's gid table. It the mac address belongs to a
>rocee device then it will be found; if it belongs to an iwarp device
>then it won't be found. In the later case I build the gid in the pre
>rocee patches fashion and search again.

If I look at what's there today, we're trying to find some way to match the
net_device src_dev_addr with some sort of address associated with an ib_device.
In the case of actual IB, the net_device src_dev_addr contains the SGID, which
provides the mapping.

Steve, can you please clarify the iWarp case for me?  For iWarp, doesn't the
src_dev_addr contain the MAC?  So, the 'GID's reported for an iWarp device is
really just the MAC.  Is this correct?

If this is the case, then couldn't rocee (I hate that name) report its MAC as
one of its GIDs?  This would ensure that the mapping between net_device and
ib_device was correct.