[ewg] bug 1918 - openmpi broken due to rdma-cm changes

Steve Wise swise at aoot.com
Thu Feb 4 14:18:56 PST 2010

I just opened 1918.  The latest ofed-1.5.1 rdma-cm is allowing binds to
127.0.0.1.  This is no-no for devices that don't support hw loopback...

OpenMPI uses rdma_bind_addr() to figure out which ip addresses are valid
for which IB devices.   This logic is now broken.  Regardless of whether
OpenMPI should use another method for determining which IP address
belong to which interfaces, we should probably rethink whether we're
breaking rdma-cm semantics in a bad way on a point release.

Steve.