[ewg] rdma/cm: disallow loopback address for iwarp devices

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Feb 8 14:17:04 PST 2010

On Feb 8, 2010, at 5:13 PM, Sean Hefty wrote:

> Are you certain that rdma_bind_addr does NOT work with 127.0.0.1, and that this
> is now the problem?
>
> It does appear to work on OFED 1.4 and on 2.6.26 based on ucmatose.  Is the
> problem really with rdma_bind_addr succeeding, or with rdma_connect, which now
> works, or rdma_bind_addr now assigning a device?

On my OFED 1.4.1 RHEL4u6 systems, rdma_bind_addr() fails when attempting to bind to 127.0.0.1 per the email I sent Friday:

    http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-rdma/msg02568.html

I have not checked any other combinations; Steve was saying that he saw it rdma_bind_addr() succeeding on his machines with OFED 1.5.1rcwhatever (I don't recall the OS he said he was using).

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres at cisco.com

For corporate legal information go to: