[ewg] nfsrdma fails to write big file,

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Feb 24 11:06:13 PST 2010

 > +               /*
 > +                * Add room for frmr register and invalidate WRs
 > +                * Requests sometimes have two chunks, each chunk
 > +                * requires to have different frmr. The safest
 > +                * WRs required are max_send_wr * 6; however, we
 > +                * get send completions and poll fast enough, it
 > +                * is pretty safe to have max_send_wr * 4.
 > +               ep->rep_attr.cap.max_send_wr *= 4;

Seems like a bad design if there is a possibility of work queue
overflow; if you're counting on events occurring in a particular order
or completions being handled "fast enough", then your design is going to
fail in some high load situations, which I don't think you want.

 - R.
--
Roland Dreier  <rolandd at cisco.com>
For corporate legal information go to: