[ewg] Is this the right place for questions on OFED?

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:36:25 PST 2010

Stefan Kuhne <stefan.kuhne at dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote:
> I use it because of i've one package with all i need

ofed is made of twenty or so RPMs, in the same manner that your distro
is made of twenty thousand or so RPMs which you can selectively choose
from. The IB stack RPMs have their dependencies well set and as such
with yum et al based tools you can install what you need and the
pre-req packages will be installed as well (e.g yum install opensm
with install the IB mng stack along with opensm).

> And someone told me, that it is faster.

IB wise, this is all wrong and if not, I'd like to hear why. Eth wise,
for some unclear reason ofed provides the mlx4_en driver for which it
does include tons of patches which aren't present in the upstream
version, maybe some of them are performace related.

Or.