[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for Jan 25 2010

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Jan 25 20:02:23 PST 2010

On Jan 25, 2010, at 10:57 PM, Roland Dreier (rdreier) wrote:

> The fact that OFED is considering shipping ummunotify also could be used
> to help the process -- if it does seem to be degenerating into an
> unbounded discussion, we can say, "look, this is sufficiently painful to
> the MPI guys that they are going to ship out-of-tree hacks if we can't
> come up with a plan for the mainline kernel."

True.

> But if there's going to be zero engagement with the upstream kernel from
> any OFED developers prior to just giving up and shipping ummunotify,
> then that's not a good sign for the OFED development process.

Fair enough.  But to be accurate, in the absence of information, I think everyone was waiting for you.  :-)

If you don't have the time/resources to do so, perhaps someone else could take up this effort?  (hint, hint)  Tziporet -- is there someone at Mellanox would could look at the ummunotify-on-perf suggestions that the kernel community had?

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres at cisco.com