[ewg] ofa_1_5_kernel 20101128-0200 daily build status

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 11:19:42 PST 2010

Richard Croucher <richard.croucher at informatix-sol.com> wrote:
> I've just installed OFED 1.5.2 using your install.pl   on two brand new servers I'm
> building. Certainly a lot better experience than the last time  I did this with the standard
> OFED release a few years ago. These were two new freshly build servers with
> OpenSuSe11.2  with a 2.6.31 kernel

So what makes you use ofed at all? anything wrong with the IB bits
provided by your distro? I'm not sure if/how this works exactly with
Yast, but on RHEL et al, installing the IB stack is done with one yum
command of yum groupinstall "Openfabrics Enterprise Distribution", so
you're all set within 1-2 minutes, including setting the IPoIB network
scripts and opensm.

Or.