[ewg] indivudal README/release notes for each release

Ken Strandberg ken at kenstrandberg.com
Sun Aug 14 10:21:50 PDT 2011

While creating a document for new OFED users that walks them through a
simple install, I'm finding I need to repeatedly recommend the reader to
look at the README and/or Release notes for the version. In future releases,
in addition to the tarball, can we post in release directory the README and
release notes txt files? The advantage is that when an interested party is
trying to figure out which release he/she should use, the person doesn't
need to download the entire tarball to get to the needed information.  I
understand that generally, we want the person to use the most recent
version, but if there is a reason a person does not want to, having fast
access to the txt file will be more convenient.

Ken Strandberg

Catlow Communications

S&S Business Services, Inc.

Technical Communications for Marketing